I am an experienced television journalist and producer working in international news for over 20 years, now living in India. I was born in Italy, lived and studied in the UK and have been a resident of France for 13 years. There I was a top manager at an international news channel (Euronews) dealing with important sponsors and designing formats for current affair programs bringing in great revenues. I am currently the South Asia correspondent for Swiss Television and Radio in Italian. My film maker soul is kicking inside, asking for more space. Life is too short: if we are in this line of work is to make an impact, rather than simply produce television news that sell.
South Asia Correspondent, Swiss television (2015-present)
Covering a wide range of subjects in eight countries, I film, produce and edit 3 minute stories for the news program of RSI Swiss television in Italian. I also work for the radio news, responding to what the news agenda demands on a daily basis and producing radio reportage in the field with sound and interviews on feature stories.
EURONEWS Special projects manager, commissioning editor (2011-2014)
I designed new programs and editorial initiatives from beginning to end, adapting concepts to new sponsors. I dealt with institutional financiers like the EU Commission and private ones, in order to produce high spec programs with editorial interest at heart. Once a series was sold, I scouted talents, built a team, made sure everything went smoothly and on budget.
INDEPENDENT FILM MAKER (2007-present)
I have won several bids to make films for international organizations like ITU, UNHCR, ILO, CSA, Council of Europe and the World Economic Forum at Davos. I produced films in India on education initiatives in Rajastan and Hyderabad, and in Guadalajara in Mexico, where I organized live TV studios and complete in-house coverage of conferences.
REUTERS TELEVISION, Lyon correspondent (2007-2010)
Self shooter delivering news breaking stories to the leading video news agency. I produced around 50 stories which often made worldwide headlines.
AP TELEVISION, France feature correspondent (2004-2007)
Self shooter delivering long feature stories to the Horizon feed of AP. Lifestyle, food, wine, technology, tourism stories – but also breaking news and sport. Produced over 100 features and became an expert on wine in France.
EURONEWS, Producer of a weekly 10 minute programme on education, Learning World (2010)
In this role I was both a one-woman-band filming and editing stories on education around the world, and when in the headquarters I took care of teeing the program together, commissioning stories to other freelancers, finding people who could deliver them, checking constantly on quality and coherence of the whole program: Learning World
BBC WORLD TELEVISION, Producer, Fast Track Travel programme (2005)
I independently produced and presented 5 stories for the leading travel program on BBC World. I researched and filmed, edited and presented 5 minutes packages on cosmetic surgery tourism in Tunisia, the problems of moving to France, life in a mountain hut, low cost airports and the dilemma with quad car races in the Alps.
EURONEWS, Political analysis journalist, newsroom foreign desk journalist (2000-2004)
MEDIASET, Italy, Reporter (1997-1999)
RIZZOLI, Italy, Features writer (1994-1999)
L’INDIPENDENTE, Italy, staff journalist, national desk (1992-1994)
LONDON, freelance correspondent for RAI and a daily news agency (1990)
- Liceo Classico Treviglio, Italy
- Postgraduate course in journalism studies, University of Wales, Cardiff (1989-1990 observer)
- Istituto per la Formazione al Giornalismo, Università di Urbino, Italy (1990-1992)
- State exam to become professionist journalist, Rome, March 1993
- Commissioning editor at IDFA Forum, Amsterdam, Nov 2013
- NEWS TEAM MANAGEMENT, Lyon 2013
- SOCIAL MEDIA training for journalists, INA, Paris 2012
- WEB DOC, INTERACTIVE STORYTELLING at IDFA, Amsterdam 2012
- Editing on FCPX.
- Filming with professional cameras (JVC, Sony, Panasonic).
- Directing a camera crew.
- Producing documentaries.
- Format Design for current affairs programs, formatted series.
- Mother tongue or equivalent: Italian, English, French
- Fluent written and spoken: Spanish
- Basic, and studying since 2014: Hindi
- I know India inside out.
- Creating formats appealing to different audiences and sponsors.
- Translating complex issues into understandable and compelling communication.
- Understanding of news agendas and priorities for world newsrooms.
- Coaching staff, monitoring results for quality, accuracy, style.
- Talent scouting and talent management.
- Team building, working with people.
- Pro active proposition, problem solving.
- Pitching stories to international and national media.
- Exploiting new media, mobile apps, competitions to deliver an idea.
- Thinking outside the box.